Nevrona Designs Newsletter - July 28th, 2003
Table of Contents
* Rave Reports 5.1.2 BEX Released. Upgrade today!
* Rave Reports for .NET EEP starting soon
* Enhance your Rave with hot stuff for cool reports!
Rave Reports 5.1.2 BEX Released. Upgrade today!
We're happy to announce the immediate availability of Rave Reports 5.1.2 BEX
(Borland Edition eXtended). Just some of the recent enhancements that have
been made to Rave since the original 5.0 release are:
* New Data Viewer to allow the viewing of a DataView's data from within the
Rave report designer
* New band component expert that allows for easier creation of header, footer
and detail bands
* New language options for French, German and Japanese help files and Rave
report designer interfaces.
* New scripting demo project and documentation
* New code based printing support within scripting - Now you can merge code
based and visual reports!
* New Visible property scripting support and ability to delete scripting events
* New MBCS support (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) for the PDF render.
* Enhanced DataLink system: Better error reporting, "Test Connection" buttons
and ADO timeout parameters.
If you currently own Rave 5.0 BEX, the upgrade to Rave 5.1.2 BEX is free and
available for download from the registered users download page.
If you would like to upgrade from a previous version of Rave to the latest and
greatest please visit the online order page for special upgrade pricing:
For more information on Rave Reports 5 please visit
or contact our sales staff at:
Rave Reports for .NET EEP starting soon
The Rave development team has been hard at work porting Rave over to the new
Microsoft .NET platform. If you are using .NET and are interested in
participating in the EEP (Early Experience Program) for this exciting product,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
* Which .NET IDE(s) are you using
* Which .NET Language(s) are you using
* Which database(s) you using on .NET
* Which .NET technologies you are using (WinForms, ASP.NET, remoting,...)
Rave Reports for .NET will support:
* Code based and visually designed reports
* Tight integration with .NET applications
* ASP.NET and web based server integration
* C#, VB.NET and Delphi for .NET compatibility
* All the power and features you've come to expect from Rave Reports
You will be contacted with information about the Rave Reports for .NET EEP
shortly before it is scheduled to begin.
Enhance your Rave with hot stuff for cool reports!
If you haven't checked out the add-ons page for Rave recently you should
certainly do so now.
Some of the more recent additions for Rave 5.x include:
* SoftSand Fax Render - This native VCL component, will allow you to FAX any
Rave visual or code based report through the Windows NT/2000/XP faxing
platform. Simply drop the component onto your report form, set the component
properties, adjust Rave's "report destination" property, and your ready to go!
* wPDF Render - Supports strong encryption, compression and embedded metafiles
will be exported as vectors and text to minimize the size of the PDF file while
preserving all information for quality print out.
* WPCubed GmbH Free Renders - Free graphics rendering class that will create
EMF, JPEG and BMP files.
* AddictTools for RAVE - Uses the Addict Spell Check & Thesaurus Engine to
supply Live Spelling, Dialog-based Spelling Check & Thesaurus Lookup for Text
based entries in Rave Reports.
* Gnostice RaveRender - A highly enhanced rendering add-on that can save your
Rave reports to PDF, HTML, RTF, Excel, Text, JPEG, GIF, BMP, EMF and WMF. You
get more than just Save Report: End-user Dialogs (to configure the export),
Watermarking facilities, E-Mailing (of saved reports), Web Reporting facilities
and lots more.
* ESBTools for Rave v1.02 - Supplies the following: Calculator Property Editor
(scientific calculator with memory), Colored Number DataText Component (Set
Different Color of Values that are Positive and Negative; Allow Blank when
"Zero"; Change the "Zero" position via the property CutOff; Change the
* ESBRaveViewer - Displays NDR files produced by Rave. Saves the Report in the
following formats: PDF, HTML, RTF, Excel, Text and selected Graphic types.
* Rave Overview Presentation from ADUG 2003 Symposium - This presentation
contains many useful examples and tutorials for Rave.
* Advantage, Oracle and Interbase DataLink drivers
Thanks for your support!
Nevrona Designs - http://www.nevrona.com
1-888-776-4765 (Toll Free in U.S. and Canada)
(44) 01844-274439 (U.K.)
(33) 1 34 57 03 85 (France)